Curator of Exhibitions
Dario S. Bucheli
Curator of Collections
Curator of Education/Outreach & Head of Security
Curator of Education/Programs
Public Relations Coordinator
Building & Grounds Supervisor
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at the Art Museum of Southeast Texas.
Staffing areas include administration, accounting, curatorial, facility maintenance, education, public relations, and security.
AMSET is an exciting place to work. Your application for currently posted positions is welcome, and you are encouraged to revisit this site often for information about new opportunities.
Reports to: Security Supervisor
Hours: 20-25 Flexible
Salary Range: $7.25-$15.00/hour
Accountability: The Security Guard shall be employed by the Director and is subject to the personnel policies as set by the Board of Trustees for such a period as the working agreement is mutually satisfactory to employer and employee.
Responsibilities: Under general supervision, stands guard or patrols an assigned area to protect Museum collections, exhibitions, property, visitors and employees during assigned shift. Performs related work as required.
· Follows all security procedures as prescribed in Security Manual.
· Opens and closes building and facilities; checks and secures doors, windows and gates.
· Makes a complete visual check of all art objects at the beginning and end of each shift, and immediately reports any irregularities.
· Patrols assigned area or stands at post to prevent theft, vandalism, violence; reports irregular activities or acts according to prescribed security procedures; keeps all visitors within visual range at all times. When the galleries are busy and this is not possible, constantly circulates through the galleries.
· Is aware of prescribed emergency procedures and ready to act when needed if an emergency occurs.
· When needed, advises all visitors of gallery rules and regulations before they enter the gallery.
· Maintains visitor statistics and completes statistical data sheets after each shift.
· Answers questions and gives directions as required.
· Assists with other tasks as assigned.
Security Guards are, for most visitors, the only Museum representatives with whom they come in contact, with perhaps the exception of the Receptionist. For this reason, personal appearance is important. Uniforms must be clean and pressed, and guards should be well groomed.
High school graduate or G.E.D. and one year in public contact work or equivalent of training and experience; ability to follow oral and written instructions; ability to maintain simple records; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees.
Click HERE for a digital application to fill out and email to Andy Gardner at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are also available at the Receptionist's desk in the museum lobby.
No phone calls or drop ins, please.