AMSET Visiting Update
As of June 1st, the Art Museum of Southeast Texas has reopened, and we are excited to welcome you back! We are doing our part in creating a safe environment with social distancing, mandatory face masks, enhanced cleaning, providing a low-touch visitor experience, and taking additional precautions.
Taking into consideration Texas Governor Greg Abbott’s Reopen Texas guidelines, which authorized museums to open May 1, as well as city guidelines, AMSET has consulted with other museums and met as a staff to determine how to serve the community safely during this unique time.
For updates on events, visit amset.org & follow AMSET on social media. Virtual tours, art activity tutorials, and more can be found on AMSET’s YouTube page (youtube.com/amsetx500main).
Please review the following guidelines before entering the museum:
- Face masks must be worn by all visitors over the age of 8 and all staff members. (If you are in need of a mask, please ask the front desk for one.)
- Temperature checks are required for visitors and staff prior to entry and will be taken by a staff member using a touchless thermometer.
- Guests showing signs of illness at any time during their visit will be asked to return at a later date.
- Presently, visitor capacity is reduced to 25 percent capacity at any time.
- Social distancing is required and will be enforced; small parties may remain together. Please follow signage posted throughout the museum for capacity limits.
- Plexiglas sneeze-guard panels will be placed in front of the receptionist desk.
- AMSET is working to provide a low-touch visitor experience.
- Surfaces will be cleaned regularly throughout the day and hand-sanitizer units will be located throughout the museum.
- Two Magnolias Café is closed at this time; food and drink are not permitted in the museum.
- Backpacks and large bags are not permitted.
- Gallery guides and exhibition-related materials are available online. If you would like a physical copy, please inquire at the front desk. Provided materials must be taken with you.
Temporary Museum Hours:
Mon-Fri: 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Sat: Noon – 4 p.m.
To find a hotel in Southeast Texas, contact the Beaumont Convention and Visitors Bureau toll free at (800) 392-4401 or visit www.beaumontcvb.com